- You’re the type of person who can’t walk out the door with anything in your inbox. You like all of the boxes ticked off, and make schedules and list, when no one cares but you. It’s in your DNA.
- You are a self-motivated, passionate, experienced food safety professional who is looking for a full-time opportunity to work with an emerging organization with a great deal of room for advancement.
- You are motivated by thought of working in the new and upcoming Ag-Tech industry.
- You are reliable, proactive, and willing to take the lead on tasks that need to be accomplished. You have the ability to structure yourself in an unstructured environment
- You are willing to work during various hours throughout the day and lend a hand where required to get the job done.
- You are knowledgeable on standard concepts, practices and procedures within the agricultural/horticulture industry.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Grade 12 education is required. Applicants are required to have a Diploma/Associates or Bachelors Degree in any field of Horticulture/Agriculture/Biology/Botany, or any other related field.
- 2-5+ year’s experience in product quality control is required
- Experience with HACCP and the CanadaGAP Food Safety program is an asset
- Responsible to ensure all procedures, processes, and policies are compliant with CanadaGAP Food Safety program and all appropriate government regulations.
- Lead the annual CanadaGAP audit preparation and ensure annual certification is achieved.
- Manage and monitor specific food safety requirements of all current and new customers.
- Monitor ongoing practices and take action to prevent any food safety non-compliance incidents.
- Monitor and maintain high quality standards of all products leaving the facility.
- Inspect inventories and outbound product in advance of shipping to ensure quality.
- Evaluate the quality of incoming product by evaluating it against expected retail standards and packages.
- Develop and implement processes to reduce product damage and minimize produce shrink.
- Perform Product Recalls as they are received and keep accurate records and results from the recall.
- Monitor, investigate, and respond to emails regarding customer concerns as well as any other issues or complaints received regarding quality of the produce.
- Train site on proper inspection procedure practices. Assist in ensuring facility is inspection ready at all times.
- Other job related duties as required.
- Experience ensuring full compliance with the legislation, Health & Safety regulations, Code of Integrity, Food Safety Regulations (GAP, HACCP, etc.), and Company policies and procedures.
- Experience in working within an environment governed by Occupational Health and Safety Standards as well as a Food Safety regulations
- Technical knowledge & skills computer systems including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is an asset
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to prioritize is required.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time-to-time.
- Travel to other CubicFarm Systems locations or client location may be required from time to time.
Interested applicants may apply to the position by emailing their Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Please reference job title in the subject line. Applicants must apply before the application deadline, however, the position will remain open until the it is filled.CubicFarm Systems Corp. is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarm Systems Corp. is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement within the company. CubicFarm Systems Corp. is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarm Systems Corp. is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement within the company.