Careers at Cubicfarms
Senior DevOps Engineer (Contract)
At CubicFarms we believe in the power of technology to feed a changing world. We actively seek talented people who want to make a difference in the ag tech space by bringing creative ideas to life and leaving an imprint in a healthier, more sustainable world. If you are enthusiastic about joining a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the ag-tech revolution, we invite you to apply!
CubicFarms (TSXV:CUB) is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale, hydroponic, automated controlled environment growing systems that can grow predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and internationally and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com
THE ROLE: Senior DevOps Engineer – 9-month contract
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team for a 9-month contract. Reporting to the VP Technology and Operations, you will be responsible for support and optimization of the Cloud Platform Services and Web application that our customers and operations teams use.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
– 5+ years as a Software Engineer
– Computer Systems or Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
– 2+ years’ experience with Cloud infrastructure using Azure
– 2+ years of production experience with Terraform
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
– Understanding of RESTful service design and APIs
– Proficiency in writing code in a few different languages – C# knowledge is preferred
– Expertise with containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
– Experience in DevOps environments especially Terraform
– Cloud infrastructure experience with Azure, AWS or GCP
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
– Collaborate with Customer success teams to ensure end-to-end systems and experiences are operating correctly for customers and meeting acceptable service levels
– Partner with Farm technology teams to deploy and support software running on Edge devices at customer farms
– Be responsible for the operation of the Cloud platform services in Azure
– Deploy updates to infrastructure and services using existing DevOps pipelines and Terraform
– Maintain DevOps pipelines as Platform service footprint evolves
– Support these efforts and services Monday-Friday, during business hours.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CubicFarms is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement in the Ag-Tech space.